Section 8 Waiting List Status: Open Indefinitely
Affordable Housing Online is tracking the status of the Virgin Islands Housing Authority (Section 8 Office) Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Waiting List. This is what we know as of our most recent update on October 3rd, 2016.
The Virgin Islands Housing Authority (VIHA) Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher waiting list is currently open. This waiting list opened on October 3, 2016 at 9:00 am AT, and no closing date has been identified. It was last open in July 2012.
- We discovered this opening from a public notice published in the St. Croix Source.
- Although this opening is in the Atlantic Time Zone, its current time is the same as the Eastern Time Zone.
- This waiting list has preferences. This means that applicants who qualify for these preferences will receive assistance before applicants who do not. Because of these preferences, applicants who do not qualify may have a longer wait to receive assistance.
- Pick up a pre-application at the St. Thomas/St. John Central Office, located at #4402 Anna's Retreat, #200, St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands 00802-1737.
- Pick up a pre-application at the St. Croix Central Office, located at Kingshill, St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands 00851-9719.
- Download and print the pre-application online here.