How can I file a complaint?


To file a complaint about your unit or the property you are living in, contact the housing authority or management company that manages your unit.

You can use the search bar on the top of this page to search for housing authority or apartment community contact information.

If you feel you have been mistreated by a housing authority, apartment community, or landlord, visit HUD's web page here, and submit a complaint through the appropriate category.

If you are seeking legal advice, there are legal aid offices in every state that help low-income persons. You can search for a legal aid office near you here.

More Complaints and Scams FAQs from Low Income Households

  • I applied by paying the fee, but I have not been contacted. What can I do?
  • Is it safe to put my Social Security Number on the online application?