I moved away and lost my housing assistance. Now that I have moved back, can I get it again?


Technically, yes, but by moving away, your previous housing assistance was terminated. You may receive housing assistance again, but you may not simply re-open your previous file. You must apply again as a new applicant.

Also, the waiting list must be open for you to apply. If it is not open, search for nearby open waiting lists.

More Housing Assistance Eligibility FAQs from Low Income Households

  • The housing office I applied through told me I didn't qualify to receive assistance, and I don't know why. What could have made me ineligible?
  • Who qualifies for affordable housing assistance?
  • What has to be included in my household income?
  • Where can I apply?
  • Do I qualify with a criminal record?