When applying, can I submit a copy of a document instead of the original?


Each housing authority operates differently, so we cannot give you a definite answer.

Some housing offices require you to submit the original document (such as a birth certificate or Social Security Card), but others require copies to be submitted. Please contact the office you apply through with this inquiry.

More Waiting Lists FAQs from Low Income Households

  • What has to be included in my household income?
  • Since Section 8 vouchers are so difficult to get, is there a place to find other housing programs that set rent based on your income?
  • The housing office I applied through told me I didn't qualify to receive assistance, and I don't know why. What could have made me ineligible?
  • Who qualifies for affordable housing assistance?
  • Can I apply to multiple waiting lists?