As millions of Texas residents are without power during a period of extremely cold temperatures, some may need the help of emergency services.
- If you are in need of immediate emergency help, dial 9-1-1.
- Find a warming station on the Texas Division of Emergency Management website here.
- Call 2-1-1 for information on additional resources.
- Find an open shelter on the American Red Cross website here.
- Download the FEMA Mobile App.
- Text SHELTER and your zip code to 4FEMA (43362). (For example, text “SHELTER 01234”)
- For Spanish, text REFUGIO and your zip code.
- For those who have friends or family who live nearby in a safe area, ask if you can stay with them for a short time.
Disabilities or Access and Functional Needs
- Visit the DisasterAssistance.gov page here.
- Call the FEMA Helpline at 1-800-621-3362 / TTY (800) 462-7585 to find if there may be additional referrals for available services.