Residents of Baldwin, Mobile, and Escambia County, Alabama who have been impacted by Hurricane Sally can now apply for FEMA disaster recovery assistance for temporary housing and home repairs.
What assistance is available?
FEMA’s program, called Individual Assistance, may offer any of the following services:
- Individuals and Households Program
(Temporary housing assistance, home repair funds, and permanent housing construction)
- Crisis Counseling Program
- Disaster Case Management
- Disaster Unemployment Assistance
- Disaster Legal Services
How to apply for disaster recovery assistance
- Qualify for assistance
Alabama residents in Baldwin, Mobile, and Escambia County who suffered damage and losses from Hurricane Sally as early as September 14, 2020 are eligible for FEMA’s Individual Assistance program.
- Apply for assistance
- Apply online at DisasterAssistance.gov
- Call 1-800-621-3362, or TTY 1-800-462-7585. Phone lines are open daily from 7:00 am until 10:00 pm (time zone unconfirmed).
General Emergency Resources
- Emergency Assistance
- Dial 9-1-1.
- Emergency Shelter
- Disabilities or Access and Functional Needs
- Visit the DisasterAssistance.gov page here.
- Other Needs
- Call the FEMA Helpline at 1-800-621-3362 / TTY (800) 462-7585, and ask for referrals to additional resources.
Other Alabama Resources
FEMA has provided a list of local Alabama resources for seniors, disabled persons, essential needs, and other services. The list of resources can be found here.