March 27th, 2018
- Funding loss estimates are now compared to the funding levels signed in to law in the FY 2018 Consolidated Appropriations Act.
FY19 HUD Budget Cut Estimates Sources and Methodology
- Budget of the United States Government, Fiscal Year 2019
- Center on Budget and Policy Priorities - Housing
- 2017 Picture of Subsidized Households
- HUD Awards and Allocations
- 2017 Operating Fund Program Final Eligibility Report
- 2017 Capital Fund Processing Information
- Affordable Housing Online Database
Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher loss estimates are derived from HUD's 2017 Picture of Subsidized Households tool. Specifically, the Average HUD Expenditure per month ($$) and Subsidized units available fields with the formula being
Estimated Funding Lost = ( Subsidized units available × (Average HUD Expenditure per month × 12)) × Effective FY 19 Budget Cut %
Estimates for Public Housing units affected by cuts to the Operating and Capital Funds are derived from the number of standing units per property reported in 2017 Formula Funding by Development report.
Estimates do not consider the Addendum to the FY 2019 Budget at this time.