11 Section 8 Waiting Lists Open Now
There are 11 waiting lists open now, but closing soon, in South Carolina, North Carolina, Washington, Michigan, Indiana, Minnesota, Texas, Maryland, and New York. 5 of the 11 waiting lists open now have applications available online. Apply using a compatible computer or mobile device from anywhere with Internet access.
Choose a waiting list below to learn more about the application process and other affordable housing opportunities.
2 Section 8 Waiting Lists Opening Soon
There are 2 Section 8 Housing Choice Vouchers Waiting Lists that will open soon. 2 of the 2 waiting lists opening soon have applications available online. Apply using a compatible computer or mobile device from anywhere with Internet access.
All Open Waiting Lists By State
|State||Open / Opening Soon|
Important Terms & Definitions
- Opening Soon: The waiting list has a set open date in the future. Once open, the housing authority will begin accepting applications for the waiting list.
- Open Now: The waiting list is currently open until the set close date in the future. The housing authority will accept applications for the waiting list until it closes.
- Open Until Further Notice: The waiting list is currently open until an unknown date in the future. The housing authority will accept applications for the waiting list until it closes.
- Open Until Application Limit: The waiting list is currently open until a set number of applications have been submitted.
- Public Housing Authority: The federal housing agency that manages the waiting list.
- Waiting List: The list of applicants who meet the basic program eligibility requirements, and have been selected as a potential tenant.
- Application: The form submitted to the housing authority to determine basic program eligibility.
- Preferences: Priority placement is given to applicants who qualify for a specific preference category. The most common preferences are those for the elderly, disabled, or homeless households. preferences
- Understand affordable housing terms and definitions with the glossary.
- Common concerns and frequently asked questions about Section 8 housing.
- Housing Scam awareness information made in partnership with HAI Group.
- Learn which state and local governments treat Housing Choice Vouchers as a protected source of income