Contact Housing Counseling Services

If you are ready to buy a home, it is strongly advised to contact HUD housing counseling agencies. For Federal Programs, you can find the closest Housing Counseling Agency here.

There are also Neighborworks Homeownership Centers (HOC) located throughout the country and available to guide you through the home buying process. For information about the nearest HOC, check the directory found here.

The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) has a list of Housing Counselors that can be accessed here.

States and Housing Agencies may use federal HOME and CDBG funds to build new homes or renovate older homes for low income buyers to purchase. Additional  homeownership programs may be offered locally by your state or city. You can access your state list here.

Continue Reading: Part 4: HUD Mortgages »