Open Until Further Notice: Carroll, Clinton, Tippecanoe, and White County, Indiana Housing Choice Voucher Waiting List
How To Apply to the Housing Choice Voucher Waiting List
The Area IV Agency on Aging and Community Action Programs Inc. (AREA IV) Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher waiting list is currently open. Applications are being accepted from August 10, 2020 at 8:00 am ET, until further notice.
To apply during the opening period, complete the online application available here:
This waiting list has the following preferences:
- Residency - Applicant is a legal resident of, has been hired to work in, or currently works within the COUNTY they have applied to.
- Person residing in an institutional setting or at risk of being placed in an institutional setting - An institutional or other segregated setting includes, but is not limited to: Congregate settings populated exclusively or primarily with individuals with disabilities; or congregate settings characterized by regimentation in daily activities, lack of privacy or autonomy, policies limiting visitors, or limits on individuals’ ability to engage freely in community activities and to manage their own activities of daily living; or settings that provide for daytime activities primarily with other individuals with disabilities; or a person at risk of being placed in a setting defined above.
- Working Families - Persons either attending a school/training program or working at least 20 hours per week; elderly status (age 62 and older), non-elderly disabled status (61 and under with disability), having a disabled family member (any age).
- Elderly – Applicant (Head, Spouse, Co-Head, Sole Member) is age 62 or older.
- Non-Elderly Family Member with Disability – Non-elderly (61 years or younger) family, Head, Spouse, Co-Head, or sole member meets HUD’s definition of disabled.
- Family Member with a Disability – An individual who meets the HUD definition of a person with a disability.
- Youth Exiting Foster Care - Youth that Indiana Department of Child Services has certified to be at least 18 years and not more than 24 years of age who have left foster care, or will leave foster care within 90 days and is homeless or is At Risk of Becoming Homeless.
- Child Welfare Involved Families - A family that Indiana Department of Child Services has certified as a family for whom the lack of adequate housing is a primary factor in the placement of the family’s child, or children, in out-of-home care, or in the delay of discharge of a child, or children, to the family from out-of-home care.
Selected applicants will be placed on the waiting list by date and time the application is received, weighed by order of preferences.
For more information, visit the Area IV website.
Sources: This information was verified by the IHCDA public notice, as of August 7, 2020.
This waiting list is for rental assistance in Carroll, Clinton, Tippecanoe (excluding within the City Limits of Lafayette and West Lafayette), and White County, Indiana.
Applicants who need help completing the application due to disability can make a reasonable accommodation request to the housing authority via (800) 382-7556 Ext 402 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Updated on 08/11/2020.