Decatur Housing Authority
Learn more about Decatur Housing Authority.
Open: Decatur, Indiana Section 8 HCV
The Decatur Housing Authority (DHA) Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher waiting list applications are being accepted from March 13, 2023 at 8:00 am ET, until further notice.
To apply during the opening period, complete the online application.
This waiting list has the following preferences:
- A family that been terminated from its HCVP Program due to insufficient program funding (15 Points)
- Displaced person(s): Individuals or families displaced by government action or whose dwelling has been damaged or destroyed as a result of a disaster or otherwise formally recognized pursuant to Federal disaster relieve laws (8 Points)
- Families who now reside in Decatur, IN (4 Points)
- Applicants with an adult family member: currently working, participating in an employment training program, or attending school on a full-time basis. This preference is also extended equally to elderly families (62 years and older) or families whose head or spouse is receiving income based on their inability to work such as SS or SSI or as been determined to be disabled (2 Points)
- The PHA will offer a preference to families that include victims of domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, or stalking who have either been referred by a partnering service agency or consortia or is seeking an emergency transfer under VAWA from the PHA’s public housing program or other covered housing program operated by the PHA.
Selected applicants will be placed on the waiting list by date and time the application is received, weighed by order of preferences.
For more information, visit the FWHA website.
Sources: This information was verified by the DHA public notice on March 2, 2023.
This waiting list is for Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher rental assistance in Decatur, Indiana.
Applicants who need help completing the application due to disability can make a reasonable accommodation request to the housing authority via (260) 267-9300.
Learn more about what happens after the application is submitted.
Last Updated on 09/10/2023.
↑ Back To Top
About Decatur Housing Authority
7315 South Hanna Street,
| Visit Website
Decatur Housing Authority provides affordable housing for up to 178 low and moderate income households through its Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) program..
Housing Authority Jurisdiction
Low-income housing managed by Decatur Housing Authority is located in
Households with a Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher managed by this housing authority must rent within its jurisdiction.
Open today from 8:00am to 5:00pm ET.