Bird City Housing Authority

Waiting Lists

Learn more about Bird City Housing Authority.

Open: Bird City Housing Authority Public Housing

Please Note: Due to the decentralized nature of affordable housing information, the information about this waiting list may be out of date.

The Bird City Housing Authority (BCHA) is currently accepting Public Housing waiting list pre-applications for families and senior/disabled individuals.

The BCHA offers one Public Housing community with 20 units for families and senior/disabled individuals, ranging in size from 1 to 3 bedrooms.

There are two ways to apply:
  1. Visit the BCHA to pick up a pre-application, located at 209 Rich Ave, Bird City, KS 67731, from 8:00 am until 1:00 pm CDT, Monday-Thursday.
  2. Request to have a pre-application mailed to you by calling (785) 734-2407, from 8:00 am until 1:00 pm, Monday-Thursday.
Once the pre-application has been completed, it can be mailed or hand delivered to the address listed above.

Be sure to include copies of these documents with the pre-application: Social Security Cards, birth certificates, and photo IDs for all adult household members.

The BCHA does not have a preference.

Qualified applicants will be placed by the date and time the pre-application is received.

For more information, the BCHA can be reached by calling (785) 734-2407 from 8:00 am until 1:00 pm, Monday-Thursday.
Reasonable Accommodation

Applicants who need help completing the application due to disability can make a reasonable accommodation request to the housing authority via (785)734-2407.

Next Steps

Learn more about what happens after the application is submitted.

Last Updated on 08/13/2015.

↑ Back To Top

About Bird City Housing Authority

209 Rich Avenue, Bird City, KS (785) 734-2407

Bird City Housing Authority provides affordable housing for up to 20 low and moderate income households through its Public Housing program..

Housing Authority Jurisdiction

Low-income housing managed by Bird City Housing Authority is located in Bird City, KS.

Households with a Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher managed by this housing authority must rent within its jurisdiction.