The Bar Harbor Housing Authority is a Section 8 and Public Housing Public Housing Agency in Bar Harbor, Maine.
The Bar Harbor Housing Authority serves Bar Harbor.
Bar Harbor Housing Authority Waiting Lists
Public Housing Waiting List: Open Indefinitely
The MDI and Ellsworth Housing Authorities (MDIEHA) are currently accepting public housing waiting list applications for families and senior/disabled individuals.
The MDIEHA handles five housing authorities:
1. Bar Harbor offers two communities dedicated to senior/disabled individuals, and one family community.
2. Southwest Harbor offers two communities dedicated to senior/disabled individuals.
3. Mount Desert offers one community dedicated to senior/disabled individuals.
4.Tremont offers one family community.
5. Ellsworth offers one community dedicated to senior/disabled individuals.
There are two ways to apply for public housing:
1. Request an application be mailed to you by calling 207-288-4770 during normal office hours.
2. Visit the MDIEHA to pick up an application, located at P.O Box 28, Bar Harbor, Maine 04609, during normal office hours.
Once the application has been completed, it can be mailed or hand delivered to the address listed above.
Be sure to include copies of these documents with your application: birth certificates, social security cards, proof of all income, and photo IDs for all adult household members.
The MDIEHA does have a preference for local residents and veterans.
More information can be found by visiting the MEDIEHA website at www.emdiha.org, or by calling 207-288-4770 during normal office hours.
Last Updated on 06/12/2015.
Affordable Housing Online has served low income renters in the U.S. for more than 15 years with the most complete and up-to-date info on low income housing, affordable housing, affordable apartments, subsidized housing, Public Housing and Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) waiting list information. We provide current data on more than 77,500 apartment communities containing more than 6,229,000 apartment homes. We also provide detailed information about 4,058 local Public Housing Authorities (PHA) with housing authority contact, program, and current waiting list information - including instructions on how to apply for waiting lists and complete housing applications.