Affordable Housing Online is monitoring the federal government's response to the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak. 

An extensive list of coronavirus resources for low-income households can be found here.

Algonac Housing Commission

1205 Saint Clair River Drive
Algonac, St Clair County, Michigan 48001

Algonac Housing Commission is a housing authority that participates in the Public Housing program. As of April 14th, 2021, Algonac Housing Commission has 1 waiting lists that are open now or opening soon.

Algonac Housing Commission serves Algonac.

Waiting List Statuses
Waiting List Status
Algonac Housing Commission Public Housing Open Until Further Notice

Open Algonac Housing Commission Waiting Lists

Due to the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak, some waiting list openings may be postponed until further notice. Visit the housing authority's website for the latest on its current operations, if one is available. If there is no information online, contact the housing authority directly. Due to a high volume of calls and modified office hours in most areas, it may take days or weeks to get a response.

Algonac Housing Commission Phone: (810) 794-9369.

Open Until Further Notice: Public Housing Waiting List

Please Note: Due to the decentralized nature of affordable housing information, the information about this waiting list may be out of date.

How To Apply to the Public Housing Waiting List

The Algonac Housing Commission (AHC) is currently accepting Public Housing waiting list pre-applications for families and senior/disabled individuals.

The RCHC offers one Public Housing community with 70 units for families and senior/disabled individuals.

There are two ways to apply:
  1. Visit the AHC to pick up a pre-application, located at 1205 St Clair River Dr., Algonac, MI 48001, during normal office hours.
  2. Request to have a pre-application mailed to you by calling (810) 794-9369 during normal office hours.
Once the application has been completed, it can be mailed or hand delivered to the address listed above. 

Be sure to include copies of these documents with your application: Birth certificates, Social Security Cards, proof of all income, and photo IDs for all adult household members.

The AHC does have a preference point system that may improve your spot on the waiting list: Live and/or work in Algonac, elderly, disabled, or employed.

For more information, call the AHC office at (810) 794-9369 during normal office hours.

Reasonable Accommodation

Applicants who need help completing the application due to disability can make a reasonable accommodation request to the housing authority via (810)794-9369.

Next Steps

Learn more about what happens after the application is submitted.

Last Updated on 08/06/2015.

About Algonac Housing Commission

Representatives of Algonac Housing Commission may be available by phone at (810) 794-9369. Unless otherwise noted above, applications will not be provided or accepted by phone.

HCV Portability Status

Algonac Housing Commission does not participate in the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher program, so voucher holders cannot port to this housing authority. Learn more about porting Housing Choice Vouchers to a new area here.

Public Housing Apartments Operated by Algonac Housing Commission

Algonquin Place

1205 Saint Clair River Dr
Algonac, Michigan