Big Rapids Housing Commission

Waiting Lists

Learn more about Big Rapids Housing Commission.

Open: Big Rapids Housing Commission Public Housing

Please Note: Due to the decentralized nature of affordable housing information, the information about this waiting list may be out of date.

The Big Rapids Housing Commission (BRHC)  is currently accepting Public Housing waiting list pre-applications for families and senior/disabled individuals.

The BRHC offers two Public Housing communities with 287 units for families and senior/disabled individuals.

There are two ways to apply
  1. Visit the BRHC to pick up a pre-application, located at 9 Parkview Village, Big Rapids, MI 49307, from 8:00 am until 4:30 pm EDT, Monday-Friday.
  2. Download the online pre-application here, then print and complete.
Once thepre- application has been completed, it must be hand delivered to the address listed above from 8:00 am until 4:30 pm, Monday-Friday.

Be sure to include copies of these documents with your application: Birth certificates, Social Security Cards, proof of all income, and photo IDs for all adult household members.

The BRHC has listed the following preferences: Elderly, and disabled.

For more information, call the BRHC office at (231) 796-8689 from 8:00 am until 4:30 pm, Monday-Friday
Reasonable Accommodation

Applicants who need help completing the application due to disability can make a reasonable accommodation request to the housing authority via (231)796-8689.

Next Steps

Learn more about what happens after the application is submitted.

Last Updated on 08/07/2015.

↑ Back To Top

About Big Rapids Housing Commission

9 Parkview Village, Big Rapids, MI | Visit Website | (231) 796-8689

Big Rapids Housing Commission provides affordable housing for up to 287 low and moderate income households through its Public Housing program..

Housing Authority Jurisdiction

Low-income housing managed by Big Rapids Housing Commission is located in Big Rapids, MI.

Households with a Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher managed by this housing authority must rent within its jurisdiction.