Open Until Further Notice: CARES Act Housing Assistance Program (CHAP) Waiting List
Please Note: Due to the decentralized nature of affordable housing information, the information about this waiting list may be out of date.
How To Apply to the Waiting List
Multiple Clark County agencies are currently accepting CARES Act Housing Assistance Program (CHAP) applications on a limited basis. Applications are being accepted from July 20, 2020, until further notice.
Please note: This is NOT a federal rental assistance program. This is a State of Nevada Housing Division program created by funding from the CARES Act, for renters in Clark County.
According to a Clark County public notice, "The CARES Housing Assistance Program (CHAP) provides rent, mortgage, and utility assistance to residents who have suffered financial hardship due to COVID-19 and now lack sufficient income or resources to pay their housing costs.
- Program allows for payment of rent, mortgage, utilities, arrears back to March 1, 2020, utility deposits, security deposits and emergency lodging. Payments for services are made directly to a landlord, mortgage company and/or utility company.
- Households must be residents of Clark County (including all incorporated cities) and demonstrate financial impact of COVID-19 and the household income cannot exceed 120% Area Median Income. Income limit information can be found here.
- Program eligibility and levels of assistance will be determined by an individualized assessment of each household.
- Recipients of housing vouchers are not eligible.
- Proof of residency in the United States is not required. Individuals who are undocumented are included in the household and are eligible for assistance if all other criteria are met."
According to Help Hope Home, "If any of the situations below apply to you, you might be eligible and should proceed with your application.
- Income Reduction or Loss
- People experiencing loss or reduction ofincome due to the effects of COVID-19
- Reduced Hours or Loss of Job
- People experiencing reduced hours at work or lost their job due to the effects of COVID-19
- Utility and Housing Payment Difficulties
- People who are delinquent with their housing or utility payments or is anticipating falling behind due to the effects of COVID-19"
To apply during the opening period, call or email one of the agencies listed here. Scroll down to the "How to apply for CHAP funds" section.
This waiting list is for rental assistance in Clark County, Nevada.
Applicants who need help completing the application due to disability can make a reasonable accommodation request to the housing authority via one of the agencies listed here: https://helphopehome.org/clark-county-cares-housing-assistance-program/.
Last Updated on 07/21/2020.