Open Until Further Notice: Chautauqua County, New York Limited Housing Choice Voucher Waiting List
How To Apply to the Waiting List
The Chautauqua Opportunities, Inc (COI) Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher waiting list is currently open on a limited basis on the third Wednesday and the last Friday of each month, from June 17, 2015, until further notice.
- According to the COI, "Families living in Chautauqua County must provide written verification of residency in order to apply."
- The dates to apply in 2021 are as follows:
- Jamestown | Dunkirk
- January 20 | January 29
- February 17 | February 26
- March 17 | March 26
- April 21 | April 30
- May 19 | May 28
- June 16 | June 25
- July 21 | July 30
- August 18 | August 27
- September 15 | September 24
- October 20 | October 29
- November 17 | November 29
- December 15 | January 3, 2022
There are two ways to apply during the opening period:
- On the dates under the "Jamestown" column above, complete an application at the Laughlin Community Action Center, located at 402 Chandler St, Jamestown, NY 14701, from 8:30 am until 12:00 pm; and 1:00 pm until 4:00 pm ET.
- On the dates under the "Dunkirk" column above, complete an application at Connections North, located at 10825 Bennett Rd, Dunkirk, NY 14048, from 8:30 am until 12:00 pm; and 1:00 pm until 4:00 pm.
The following documentation is required when applying: Social Security Number for all household members; Income.
Preferences have not yet been confirmed.
Selected applicants will be placed on the waiting list by date and time the application is received, by order of preferences.
Sources: This information was verified by the COI on December 15, 2020.
Applicants who need help completing the application due to disability can make a reasonable accommodation request to the housing authority via (716) 366-3333.
Last Updated on 06/17/2021.