Open Until Further Notice: Public Housing Waiting List
Please Note: Due to the decentralized nature of affordable housing information, the information about this waiting list may be out of date.
How To Apply to the Waiting List
The Mart Housing Authority (MHA) waiting list for Public Housing apartments is currently open. Applications are being accepted since at least December, 2019, until further notice.
To apply during the opening period, complete the online application here.
This waiting list has the following preferences:
- Veteran with an honorable discharge from the armed services
- Currently employed
- Head of household or spouse is 62 years of age or older
- Full time student taking 12 hours or more, or able to provide verifiable justification for less than 12 hours
- Victim of domestic violence
- Must be certified by the Family Abuse Center in the last 12 months
- Currently live at Estella Maxey, Kate Ross, South Terrace, or Mart Housing Authority and have participated in the Family Self Sufficiency program
- Head of household is disabled or handicapped
- Homelessness/Substandard Housing
- This preference must be certified in writing by a caseworker within the HOT Homeless Coalition or the assigned McLennan County school district liaison for the homeless as being homeless.
- Local Residency
- Public Housing applicants may claim this preference if they currently live in McLennan County TX
For more information, visit the Waco Housing Authority and Afiiliates website.
This waiting list is for rental assistance in Mart, Texas. Apartments offered through this waiting list are only located within this service area.
Applicants who need help completing the application due to disability can make a reasonable accommodation request to the housing authority via (254) 752-4367.
Last Updated on 07/08/2020.