Affordable Housing Online is monitoring the federal government's response to the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak. As of March 13, 2020, Public Housing Agencies across the nation are closing their doors to the public. Most offices are still running and will communicate by phone, email, or mail. Some offices have drop boxes installed outside, so documents can still be hand-delivered. Visit the housing authority's website for the latest on its current operations, if one is available. If there is no information online, contact the housing authority directly. Due to a high volume of calls and modified office hours in most areas, expect a long wait time (days or weeks) for a response. To find your local PHA's contact info, browse by state here.

An extensive list of coronavirus resources for low-income households can be found here.

Affordable Housing In Pendleton County

5 Low Income Apartment Communities In Pendleton County

Bedford House Apartments

301 Licking St
Falmouth, Kentucky
Call For Rent
1 BR
Accepts Vouchers

Mt Auburn Apartments

Hwy 159 North 10496
Butler, Kentucky

Williams Place Apartments

210 Matilda St
Butler, Kentucky
Accepts Vouchers

Beech Terrace

420 Beech St
Falmouth, Kentucky

Abbeywood Apts

97 Abbeywood Dr
Falmouth, Kentucky
  • «
  • 1
  • »

Housing Authorities that serve Pendleton County

Housing Authority Programs
Campbell County Department of Housing Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher (HCV)

Guide To Affordable Housing in Pendleton County, Kentucky

There are 5 low income housing apartment communities offering 159 affordable apartments for rent in Pendleton County, Kentucky.

Income Based Apartments in Pendleton County, Kentucky

Pendleton County features 130 income based apartments. Tenants of income based apartments typically pay no more than 30% of their income towards rent and utilities.

Low Rent Apartments in Pendleton County, Kentucky

There are 29 rent subsidized apartments that do not provide direct rental assistance but remain affordable to low income households in Pendleton County.

Housing Choice Vouchers in Pendleton County, Kentucky

On average, Section 8 Housing Choice vouchers pay Pendleton County landlords $600 per month towards rent. The average voucher holder contributes $200 towards rent in Pendleton County.

The maximum amount a voucher would pay on behalf of a low-income tenant in Pendleton County, Kentucky for a two-bedroom apartment is between $779 and $952.

2020 Pendleton County, Kentucky Fair Market Rents and Housing Choice Voucher Payment Standards

Fair Market Rents can be used to better understand the average housing costs of an area. Fair Market Rents are used by HUD to establish payment and rent standards for federal rental assistance programs like the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program.

Studio One BR Two BR Three BR Four BR
Fair Market Rent $568 $658 $865 $1,185 $1,362
Payment Standard Range $511 to $625 $592 to $724 $779 to $952 $1,067 to $1,304 $1,226 to $1,498

Sourced from federal housing data and research.

Pendleton County, KY Affordable Housing Snapshot

Total Affordable Apartment Properties 5
Total Low Income Apartments 159
Total Housing Units with Rental Assistance 130
Percentage of Housing Units Occupied By Renters 22.52%
Average Renter Household Size 2.35
Average Household Size 2.67
Median Household Income $48,353 ±$4,990
Median Rent $583 ±$40
Percentage Of Renters Overburdened 30.02% ± 7.65pp
Total Population 14,514

Population and Household Demographics

Pendleton County is a county in Kentucky with a population of 14,514. There are 5,356 households in the county with an average household size of 2.67 persons. 22.52% of households in Pendleton County are renters.

Income and Rent Overburden in Pendleton County

The median gross income for households in Pendleton County is $48,353 a year, or $4,029 a month. The median rent for the county is $583 a month.

Households who pay more than thirty percent of their gross income are considered to be Rent Overburdened. In Pendleton County, a household making less than $1,943 a month would be considered overburdened when renting an apartment at or above the median rent. 30.02% of households who rent are overburdened in Pendleton County.

Area Median Income In Pendleton County

Affordable housing program eligibility is always determined by one's income. Each household's income is compared to the incomes of all other households in the area. This is accomplished through a statistic established by the government called the Area Median Income, most often referred to as AMI. The AMI is calculated and published each year by HUD.

In Pendleton County, HUD calculates the Area Median Income for a family of four as $86,300

Most affordable housing programs determine eligibility based on the percent of AMI a given household's income is. Among the programs that determine eligibility based on the AMI are Section 8, HOME, LIHTC, Section 515, 202 and 811.

Rental Assistance in Pendleton County

Rental assistance is a type of housing subsidy that pays for a portion of a renter’s monthly housing costs, including rent and tenant paid utilities. This housing assistance can come in the form of Section 8 Housing Choice Vouchers, project-based Section 8 contracts, public housing, USDA Rental Assistance (in Section 515 properties) as well as HUD Section 202 and 811 properties for elderly and disabled households.

Income Qualifications for HUD Rental Assistance in Pendleton County

Income 1 Person 2 Person 3 Person 4 Person 5 Person 6 Person 7 Person 8 Person
30% of Median $18,150 $20,750 $23,350 $26,200 $30,680 $35,160 $39,640 $44,120
50% of Median $30,250 $34,550 $38,850 $43,150 $46,650 $50,100 $53,550 $57,000
80% of Median $48,350 $55,250 $62,150 $69,050 $74,600 $80,100 $85,650 $91,150

Cities In Pendleton County

Select A City to View its Apartment Communities and Waiting Lists.

City Served By
Butler The HUD funded Public Housing Agency that serves Butler is the Campbell County Department of Housing.
Falmouth The HUD funded Public Housing Agencies that serve Falmouth are the Housing Authority of Falmouth and Campbell County Department of Housing.