Open Until Further Notice: McCracken County, Kentucky Housing Choice Voucher Waiting List
How To Apply to the Housing Choice Voucher Waiting List
The Housing Authority of Paducah (HAP) Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher waiting list is currently open. Applications are available as of January 6, 2020; and will be accepted from January 20, 2020 at 9:00 am CT, until further notice.
Please note: The information provided in the HAP public notice is not clear on the time period that applications are being accepted. It says that the waiting list, "will reopen for acceptance of applications on Monday, January 06, 2020." But it then says that, "Completed applications with required documentation will be accepted from 9:00 A.M. until 11:30 A.M. and from 1:30 P.M. until 3:00 P.M. on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, January 20th, 21th & 22nd, 2020." So it is possible that applications will not begin to be accepted until January 20, 2020. Affordable Housing Online has contacted the HAP for clarification.
There are two ways to apply during the opening period:
- Pick up an application from the HAP Section 8 Office, located at 2330 Ohio St., Paducah, KY (Elmwood Court Section 8 side of the building).
- Print the paper application that will be available online here on January 27, 2020. The application link will be under the "Section 8" tab.
Once the application has been completed, it must be returned to the HAP Section 8 Office at the address mentioned above, on January 20, 21, and 22, 2020; from 9:00 am until 11:30 am, and 1:30 pm until 3:00 pm. Beginning January 27, 2020, applications must be returned to the HAP Section 8 Office at the address mentioned above on Mondays and Tuesdays only from 9:00 am until 11:00 am.
This waiting list has the following preferences:
- Victims of a Natural Disaster who were or were not, prior to the disaster, receiving assistance from public housing or a housing choice voucher program. 100 points.
- Veterans of the Armed Forces. 40 points.
- Elderly/Disabled Families
- Elderly preference is available when the head or spouse/significant other is aged 62 or older. Disabled preference is available when the applicant’s household will contain one or more members who are considered disabled as defined in HAP’s Housing policy. 40 points.
- All adult family members must be (working at least 20 hours per week) unless elderly (62+) or disabled. In households containing elderly or disabled adults, at least one adult family member must be working or a full-time student. Applicants with an adult family member who is currently working (at least 20 hours per week). 30 points.
- School/Education/Job Training
- Applicants with an adult family member who is enrolled in college/vocational school (minimum of 6 or more credit hours) per semester; or enrolled in an employment training program; adult continuing education program (e.g. JOBS, JTPA, GED, etc.) 17 points.
- Homeless/Domestic Violence Victim (See Glossary for definition of “Homeless”). 40 points.
- McCracken County Residents. 15 points.
Selected applicants will be placed on the waiting list by date and time the application is received, weighed by order of preferences.
For more information, visit the HAP website.
Sources: This information was verified by the HAP website, as of January 10, 2020.
This waiting list is for rental assistance in McCracken County, Kentucky.
Applicants who need help completing the application due to disability can make a reasonable accommodation request to the housing authority via the Section 8 Office at (270) 450-4239.
Last Updated on 01/16/2020.