Open Until Further Notice:
Public Housing Waiting List
Please Note: Due to the decentralized nature of affordable housing information, the information about this waiting list may be out of date.
How To Apply to the Public Housing Waiting List
The Canton Housing Authority is currently accepting public housing waiting list applications for families and senior/disabled individuals.
This housing authority offers four apartment communities:
1. Diane P. Burns is a senior/disabled apartment community, that offers 91 units ranging from studio's to two bedroom apartments.
2. Wilfred G. Lytle Building is a senior/disabled apartment community that offers one bedroom apartments.
3. Law Lane Senior Building is a senior/disabled apartment community that offers 20 units with one bedroom apartments.
4. Law Lane is a family apartment community that offers 54 units ranging from 2 to 3 bedroom apartments.
There are three ways to apply for public housing:
1. Request an application be mailed to you by calling 315-386-8381, during normal office hours.
3. Visit the housing authority office to pick up an application, located at 37 Riverside Dr., Canton, NY 13617, Monday-Friday, between the hours of 9:00am and 4:00pm.
Once the application has been completed, it can mailed or hand delivered to the address listed above.
This housing authority does have a preference point system that may improve your spot on the waiting list: elderly.
Applicants who need help completing the application due to disability can make a reasonable accommodation request to the housing authority via (315)386-8381.
Learn more about what happens after the application is submitted.
Last Updated on 05/22/2015.