Affordable Housing Online is monitoring the federal government's response to the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak. 

An extensive list of coronavirus resources for low-income households can be found here.

Otsego Rural Housing Assistance

50 W Main St
Milford, Otsego County, New York

Otsego Rural Housing Assistance is a Public Housing Agency that participates in the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) program. As of September 25th, 2020, Otsego Rural Housing Assistance has 1 waiting lists that are open now or opening soon.

The Otsego County, New York Housing Choice Voucher Waiting List is open indefinitely.

Otsego Rural Housing Assistance serves Otsego County on behalf of New York State Homes and Community Renewal.
Waiting List Statuses
Waiting ListStatus
Otsego County, New York Housing Choice Voucher Open Until Further Notice

Open Otsego Rural Housing Assistance Waiting Lists

Due to the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak, some waiting list openings may be postponed until further notice. Visit the housing authority's website for the latest on its current operations, if one is available. If there is no information online, contact the housing authority directly. Due to a high volume of calls and modified office hours in most areas, it may take days or weeks to get a response.

Otsego Rural Housing Assistance Website:

Otsego Rural Housing Assistance Phone: (607) 547-8839.

Open Until Further Notice: Otsego County, New York Housing Choice Voucher Waiting List

Please Note: Due to the decentralized nature of affordable housing information, the information about this waiting list may be out of date.

How To Apply to the Housing Choice Voucher Waiting List

The Otsego Rural Housing Assistance (ORHA) Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher waiting list is currently open until further notice.

To apply, call (607) 547-8839 to request an application.

There are no preferences.

Selected applicants will be placed on the waiting list by date and time the application has been received.

As of July 2017, there is a three year wait to receive a voucher.

For more information, visit the ORHA website, or call the office at (607) 547-8839.

Reasonable Accommodation

Applicants who need help completing the application due to disability can make a reasonable accommodation request to the housing authority via (607) 547-8839.

Next Steps

Learn more about what happens after the application is submitted.

Last Updated on 08/23/2017.

About Otsego Rural Housing Assistance

More information about Otsego Rural Housing Assistance can be found on its website at

Representatives of Otsego Rural Housing Assistance may be available by phone at (607) 547-8839. Unless otherwise noted above, applications will not be provided or accepted by phone.

HCV Portability Status

As of 09/25/2020, it is not known if Otsego Rural Housing Assistance is either absorbing or billing Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher portability requests for porting in. Learn more about porting Housing Choice Vouchers to a new area here.