Open Until Further Notice: Public Housing Waiting List
Please Note: Due to the decentralized nature of affordable housing information, the information about this waiting list may be out of date.
How To Apply to the Public Housing Waiting List
The Housing Authority of Covington (HAC) Public Housing waiting list is currently open, since at least April, 2019, until further notice. Waiting lists for a specific community or bedroom size may be closed.
To apply, download and print the application online here. Select the "Click here to download an application" link.
Once the application has been completed, it must be submitted to the HAC Administration Building, located at 2300 Madison Avenue, Covington, KY 41014; Monday-Friday, from 8:00 am until 4:00 pm ET.
According to the HAC, "The following information is required to complete the application process:
- All Adults 18 years and older must attend the application interview
- A valid Picture ID - Drivers license, state ID - Must have at time of interview
- Social Security Cards - required for all family members
- Birth Certificates - from Vital Statistics Ofices or Health Department, Military or Baptismal Records
- Criminal Background Information - a criminal background check will be performed for all adults, for any states lived in for the last 5 years. This is at no charge to you.
- Income - You must provide a listing of each household member and the income they receive. You must provide the employer name, agency, address and phone number.
- Current & Previous Landlord Information - You must provide the name, address and phone number of all landlords from which you have rented and/or anyone you have stayed with in th past 3 years.
- Current Assets - You must provide a listing of any real estate, property, bank accounts and account numbers that you own or have disposed of in the last two years.
- Child Care Expenses - If you pay a babysitter to care for your child so you may work or attend school, you must provide the name, address and phone number of this person.
- Parents - You must provide proof of temporary, full, or joint physical or legal custody for children who will live with you.
- Any Verification must be dated within 30 days of the date you apply for housing."
Preferences have not yet been confirmed.
It is not known how applications will be placed on the waiting list.
For more information, visit the HAC website here.
Applicants who need help completing the application due to disability can make a reasonable accommodation request to the housing authority via (859) 491-5311.
Last Updated on 04/01/2019.