How do I find a unit that accepts a Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher?

As long as certain requirements are met, you can use your Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher at apartments and houses owned by a private landlord that accepts vouchers, Low Income Housing Tax Credit properties, Section 515 Rural Rental Housing properties, and eligible units owned by a housing authority that administers assistance under an Annual Contributions Contract.

The specific requirements can get complicated, so we have explained everything in an easy to read guide here.

Besides using our website to find a unit that accepts your voucher, the housing authority that manages your voucher may have a list of local landlords who accept vouchers. Contact the housing authority office, and ask if a list is available. You can use the search bar on the top of our website to find housing authority contact information.

Tagged As Section 8