Affordable Housing Online is monitoring the federal government's response to the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak.
An extensive list of coronavirus resources for low-income households can be found here.
You can track the status of your CAREs Act stimulus payment (officially called Economic Impact Payments) on the IRS website. Follow these steps to track your payment:
1. Go to the IRS web page here: https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment
2. Select the blue button that says "Get My Payment."
NOTE: The name of this button can be misleading. It only gives you information about receiving your payment. It is not used to get your payment.
3. Read the notice, and select the blue "OK" button.
4. Enter your Social Security Number or Individual Tax ID Number (whichever you used to file your taxes), Date of Birth, and Address; then select the blue "Continue" button.
5. The next screen will tell you the date your payment was issued and to what bank account it was sent.
This screen will also state the following: “If you don't see your payment credited to your account, check with your bank to verify they received it. We will mail you a letter with additional information on this payment.”
Some may get a message saying "Payment Status Not Available." The IRS Economic Impact Payment FAQ says that you may get this message for one of the following reasons:
You can check the app again to see whether there has been an update to your information. Get My Payment data is updated once per day, so there’s no need to check back more frequently."
An article by The Verge also says the same message "also appears if you simply enter a made-up social security number, birth date, and address combination, so it appears to be generic catch-all error for the system, instead of a useful or actionable error message."
© 2002-2021 ApartmentSmart.com, Inc.
Affordable Housing Online is not affiliated with any housing authority or apartment community, and does not manage any affordable housing programs.