Are there organizations that help non-English speakers get housing assistance?


Yes, the organization closest to being a national information line for non English speaking people is 211.

Most states offer this information line designed to help callers connect to services for elderly, disabled and for non-English speaking or persons with limited English proficiency. Dial 211 or for information online, go to

Sí, la organización más cercana a ser una línea de información nacional para personas que no hablan inglés es 211.

La mayoría de los estados ofrecen esta línea de información diseñada para ayudar a las personas que llaman directamente a conectarse a servicios para ancianos, discapacitados y para personas que no hablan inglés o personas con dominio limitado del inglés. Marque 211 o para la información en línea, vaya a

More Waiting Lists FAQs from Low Income Households

  • What has to be included in my household income?
  • Since Section 8 vouchers are so difficult to get, is there a place to find other housing programs that set rent based on your income?
  • The housing office I applied through told me I didn't qualify to receive assistance, and I don't know why. What could have made me ineligible?
  • Who qualifies for affordable housing assistance?
  • Can I apply to multiple waiting lists?